Wednesday, August 5, 2009

in-reading notes: green rider, 2

I'm having trouble with this book. It's inconsistent, action is vague, and the structure is kind of basic-- short sentences, odd word choices, poor description and an idea that she didn't research how things work very well. I could have edited this into a really wonderful book, and I think that fact is annoying me. That, and I just can't bring myself to leave a book unfinished, and that the story is actually interesting enough that I don't want to leave it.

I just wish it was better. I can see what it wants to be, and it's bothering me that it isn't there.

There are two other books after this one, and I'll have to read them to get the rest of the story, so here's to hoping they aren't as beginner-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment